Two days ago, I was scrolling through Twitter on my way to school and I saw this tweet from Lin-Manuel Miranda:
Bucket lists are funny things; each bullet is like a goal but lacks any sort of plan that leads to achievement. Unlike a goal list, a bucket list serves as a list of things it would be cool to do but require more effort than I really want to put in.
- Set foot on all 7 continents, including Antarctica
- See the Wonders of the World, Ancient, New, and Natural
- Attend a live episode of “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me”
- Watch a baseball game in every MLB ballpark
- Learn Mandarin
- Learn Morse Code
- Receive an honorary doctorate
- Break a world record
- Run the Boston Marathon
- Hike the Pacific Crest Trail
- Climb Mount Everest
- Travel to space
- Learn or invent the perfect gumbo recipe
Yerba mate is a traditional drink of Latin America enjoyed all over the world. I recently started drinking mate, and I thought I’d compile a short list of the benefits of mate culture.
Here’s a quick video if you are not familiar with mate:
I’ve always been a little husky (chubby; I’m not a dog), but I’ve always been active and never considered myself fat. I just felt uncomfortable taking off my shirt at the beach, or anywhere for that matter. But it was never a serious problem–until college.